The African Development Bank plays a catalytic role in accelerating efforts to address gender inequality and drive inclusive economic transformation for women across Africa through mainstreaming gender in its operations and implementing targeted initiatives dedicated to African women.
- Track record in supporting informal women entrepreneurs vulnerability;
- Innovative and strong development impact to transition women entrepreneurs from the informal to the formal sector;
- Mobilization of additional funding and sustainability in the proposed intervention;
- Partnership with both public and private sectors;
- Additionality and value for money;
- Long term plan and sustainability;
- Ability to negotiate and advocate for an enabling environment through policy change that address the challenges of transitioning from the informal to formal sector with a gender lense.